Thunderhorn Manufacturing was born in the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness in 1993 and was the culmination of decades of experience and hundreds of successful big game hunts.
In 1975 Duane opened up his first archery shop - a small closet in his home. The archery shop grew from building custom arrows and selling a few shooting gloves to a full-scale retail archery business. The shop expanded from the closet to a building along Highway 93, just north of Hamilton. Duane's reputation as an industry leader and top tier instructor emerged during his time running a successful archery shop.
In 1993, Duane sold out his interest in Selway Archery to his partner, and started his new company, Thunderhorn Manufacturing. Duane is still creating new and innovative products for bowhunters and archers. Most recently Duane has successfully launched the following products:
- The "Step Saver", a treestep carrier
- "Polar Paw", a cold weather hand/riser warmer
- Thunderhorn "Coup Stick", a reverse handle, reflex-deflex longbow
- Thunderhorn "WhipperSnapper", a kids bow
- Thunderhorn line of custom leather hip quivers and quick mount bow quivers
- The "Superstringer", a no-twist stringer for longbows and recurves